Because of the continued growth of the business and client demand, we are now looking for someone to join us as a Cisco Design Engineer.
At IDS INDATA we’re motivated by the exciting prospects and unexplored opportunities technology provides. We work with business leaders to support the growth, diversification and profitability of their business, fully aligning IT strategies to business needs and goals. We firmly believe technology is a positive catalyst for change that can unleash innovation and reinvent the way business is done. Our aim is to become THE business partner, globally.
Our success relies on creating a positive and innovative working environment, with a culture that encourages every individual to make a real personal difference through hard work, developing and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, whilst building strong relationships and a determination always to inspire the best in ourselves and our colleagues.
We succeed as one team with shared values; honesty, integrity and trust. We celebrate the unique contribution of each individual and our focus is always to understand the individual, create an environment where each team member can express themselves, achieve their aspirations, and build long-term, fulfilling careers that contribute to mutual success
- Be responsible for completing high level designs, summary of current and future topology and able to identify potential problems and workarounds
- Serve as a focal point for integration of technology within and across technology capability domains – Ensure deliverables meet expectations regarding cost, schedule and scope
- Develop technical standards and architectural design requirements
- Establish and manage release schedules and processes – Ensure deliverables are aligned with architectural standards and deploy the appropriate reuse of common objects and components
- Support the technology interfaces across the solution
- Develop requirements and estimates from a technical perspective
- Own and manage projects as Subject Matter Expert in the collaboration domain.
- CCDA / CCDP minimum (or very close to achieving)
- 5+ years' experience installing and designing Cisco Networks (focused on enterprise networks but collaboration experience desirable).
- Broad knowledge including collaboration, SD-WAN, NAC / 802.1x (ISE preferable), wireless technologies that may make up a design
- Able to research and test new technologies (if required) leveraging platforms such as dCLOUD and physical labs / training to understand current and future trends
- The chance to work in a fast growing, dynamic and agile business that is competing against some of the biggest companies in the World
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team, Working on national / international projects
- A healthy work-life balance built into our core values
- 28 days of paid leave (including public holidays) increasing by 0.5 days per year
- Pension – details (standard government scheme)
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
If you’re interested in finding out more about this role or just more about IDS INDATA and why this is a fantastic time to become part of our fast-growing company, please send an email to our Head of People [email protected]. Alastair would be delighted to talk through with you what we’re really looking for and to clarify the numerous and disparate career opportunities we currently have.