At IDS INDATA we’re motivated by the exciting prospects and unexplored opportunities technology provides. We work with business leaders to support the growth, diversification and profitability of their business, fully aligning IT strategies to business needs and goals. We firmly believe technology is a positive catalyst for change that can unleash innovation and reinvent the way business is done. Our aim is to become THE business partner, globally.
Our success relies on creating a positive and innovative working environment, with a culture that encourages every individual to make a real personal difference through hard work, developing and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, whilst building strong relationships and a determination always to inspire the best in ourselves and our colleagues.
We succeed as one team with shared values; honesty, integrity and trust. We celebrate the unique contribution of each individual and our focus is always to understand the individual, create an environment where each team member can express themselves, achieve their aspirations, and build long-term, fulfilling careers that contribute to mutual success.
As sales operations export specialist, you will be responsible for arranging smooth exports for both domestic and worldwide shipments. Ensuring that both IDS INDATA and the consignee have all relevant documentation and requirements. The sales operation team works in partnership with all other areas within the business to achieve and excel the customer expectation. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenging role that highlights their skills and fulfills their ambitions and there is almost limitless potential for growth and development.
- Make cost and time effective arrangements for transportation of goods
- Ensure goods are safely and efficiently packed and transferred
- Understand the latest incoterms and shipping regulations
- Complete export documentation with absolute accuracy
- Understand both import and export requirements for the goods being transported
- Maintain both electronic and hard copy records of all documentation
- Build relationships with couriers/ freight forwarders
- Keep up to date with any import/export restrictions
- Communicate with customers about the status of their shipment
- Pack pallets/boxes ready for collection against accurate picking tickets
- Assist colleagues with other tasks if required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of international trade law
- High standard of verbal and written communication
- Understanding of any applicable vendor restrictions
- Ability to prioritize individual workload while working within a team
- Ability to maintain accuracy in times of pressure
- Around 5 years of relevant business experience
- Ability to maintain and grow vendor relationships
- Advanced skillset in the Microsoft packages (Excel, Outlook, Word, OneNote, PowerPoint)
- Ability to think outside the box and provide suggestions for prompt problem resolution.
- Geographical knowledge
- Exporting accreditations
- Ability to accurately create export documentation and applications such as (EUR1, COO, COC, Commercial invoice) and understand when they are required
- The chance to work in a fast growing, dynamic and agile business that is competing against some of the biggest companies in the World
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team, Working on national / international projects
- A healthy work-life balance built into our core values
- 28 days of paid leave (including public holidays) increasing by 0.5 days per year
- Pension – details (standard government scheme)
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
If you’re interested in finding out more about this role or just more about IDS INDATA and why this is a fantastic time to become part of our fast-growing company, please send an email to our Head of People [email protected]. Alastair would be delighted to talk through with you what we’re really looking for and to clarify the numerous and disparate career opportunities we currently have.