At IDS INDATA we’re motivated by the exciting prospects and unexplored opportunities technology provides. We work with business leaders to support the growth, diversification and profitability of their business, fully aligning IT strategies to business needs and goals. We firmly believe technology is a positive catalyst for change that can unleash innovation and reinvent the way business is done. Our aim is to become THE business partner, globally.
Our success relies on creating a positive and innovative working environment, with a culture that encourages every individual to make a real personal difference through hard work, developing and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, whilst building strong relationships and a determination always to inspire the best in ourselves and our colleagues.
We succeed as one team with shared values; honesty, integrity and trust. We celebrate the unique contribution of each individual and our focus is always to understand the individual, create an environment where each team member can express themselves, achieve their aspirations, and build long-term, fulfilling careers that contribute to mutual success.
As a sales operations procurement specialist, you will be responsible for managing the vendor relationships and improving IDS INDATA profitability by implementing new rates and payment terms. Processing of high value orders with absolute detail and assisting other team members where required. The sales operation teams work in partnership with all other areas within the business to achieve and excel customer expectations. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenging role that highlights their skills and fulfills their ambitions and there is almost limitless potential for growth and development, whether you decide to go into new business development, key account management or develop into more senior procurement roles, this would be a great career choice.
- Monitor IDS INDATA inventory and recommend any additions/reductions
- Carry out regular vendor risk assessments
- Make recommendations for areas of improvement
- Process high value and volume orders
- Work with vendors to improve on order profitability both short and long term
- Maintain and build on supplier relationships
- Bring all vendors up to the same payment terms across the board
- First review of any new vendor contracts
- Maintenance of IDS INDATA stock
- Monitor the exchange rates in place for best pricing opportunities.
- Assist colleagues with other tasks if required.
- Good analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritize individual workload while working within a team.
- Ability to maintain accuracy in times of pressure
- Around 5 years of relevant business experience
- Moderate understanding of technology/technical terminology
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to maintain and grow vendor relationships
- Advanced skillset in the Microsoft packages (Excel, Outlook, Word, OneNote, PowerPoint)
- Ability to think outside the box and provide suggestions for prompt problem resolution
- Previous use of Microsoft Great Plains or similar accounting packages.
- The chance to work in a fast growing, dynamic and agile business that is competing against some of the biggest companies in the World
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team, Working on national / international projects
- A healthy work-life balance built into our core values
- 28 days of paid leave (including public holidays) increasing by 0.5 days per year
- Pension – details (standard government scheme)
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
If you’re interested in finding out more about this role or just more about IDS INDATA and why this is a fantastic time to become part of our fast-growing company, please send an email to our Head of People [email protected]. Alastair would be delighted to talk through with you what we’re really looking for and to clarify the numerous and disparate career opportunities we currently have.