- we use any Personal Information we collect about you when you contact us, engage with our products and services or use our website
- how you can review, update or remove your Personal Information
- and how we process your Personal Information in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2.1. What Personal Information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you contact us, use our products and services, or use our website.
If you contact us or use our products and services, we will collect your:
- First name
- Last name
- Company name
- Job title
- Email address
- Phone number
- Any communications with us
Your consent (or not) for us to use your information for our own marketing purposes
By using our website, we will collect:
- your IP address
- your web browser
- your time zone
- the search terms that referred you to the site
2.2. How will we use and store your Personal Information?
We collect information about you to:
- provide quotations
- make telephone and email contact
- help with the delivery of our products and services
- email you marketing information which we believe may be of interest to you and your business
This Personal Information will be stored securely on our systems, and you have the right to review or update your data or have it removed at any time.
We use your IP address and other information collected from the website to:
- personalise your repeat visits to our website
- help us collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to our website
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors use our site. You can read more about how Google uses this information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en, and you can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
In processing any orders, we may send some of your Personal Information to and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Your Personal Information is held in the United Kingdom using multiple secure servers. We do not store or transmit your Personal Information outside of the EU.
2.3. How will we use your Personal Information for marketing purposes?
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
We will not share your Personal Information with third party organisations without your explicit consent, with the legal exceptions noted in the When will we share your Personal Information? section below.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can contact us using the information at the end of this Policy.
2.4. How are cookies used on our website?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
2.5. When will we share your Personal Information?
We may also need to disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or a valid governmental request. We may also need to enforce our Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of our Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues, or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of our clients or the wider community.
As mentioned in the above section How will we use and store your Personal Information?, we also use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors use our website.
2.6. Your rights to access, change or remove your Personal Information
At any point while we possess your Personal Information, you have the following rights:
- Right of access (“Subject Access Request”) – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten (“Data Erasure Request”) – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the unlikely event that we have to refuse your request, we will provide you with the reason for the refusal, and you have the right to legally challenge that refusal.
You can request the following information:
- Contact details of the Compliance Team.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (in the UK this is the ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
2.7. Making a request to access, change or remove your Personal Information
When making a request such as a Subject Access Request or a Data Erasure Request, to protect your Personal Information we will need to check your identification. If we are dissatisfied with the quality of the identification, further identification may be sought before Personal Information can be released, such as a passport or driving licence, a utility bill, or a national ID card.
Requests can be made by email, phone or in writing, using the contact details below.
2.9. How to contact us
Please contact us to make a request about the Personal Information we hold about you, or if you have any questions about our privacy:
- By emailing us at: [email protected]
- Or phone us on: +44 (0)1684 571230
- Or write to us at: IDS-INDATA Ltd., Chequers Close, Enigma Business Park, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 1GP, United Kingdom